Peace Academy @ Liberty Events & Activities
39. Consultation visit with geneticist Dr. Dwight Koeberl regarding the Paleolithic populations of Homo sapiens estimated from mDNA dispersions -- for the Thesis inprogress.
38. Essay published under Gadfly” column in the Catskill Chronicle, “Peace Among Nations. But What About ISIS?
37. Interview on WJFF Radio, Gift Of Peace program. 2015.
36. Essay published under “Gadfly” column in the Catskill Chronicle, “War On The World.” 2015.
35. Essay published under “Gadfly” column in the Catskill Chronicle, “War Has Always Been and Evermore Shall Be So??” Five comments and five replies to comments. 2015,
34. Lecture panel presentation to Unitarian meeting, “Our Genetic Heritage: Violence and War, Or Cooperation and Kindness?” 2014.
33. Visit and consultation with World Without War (in NC). Signed pledge “Declaration of Peace” for Peace Academy at Liberty. 2014.
32. Call in to WJFF Connections (radio program) discussing the Kellogg-Briand Pact signed and ratified by the US and most other countries. 2014.
31. Lecture-Discussion presented at Unitarian meeting, “How can Seemingly Irreconcilable Americans Find Common Ground?” 2014.
30. Essay published in “Gadfly” column in the Catskill Chronicle – “Johnny I Hardly Knew Ye.” 2014.
29. Lecture to Recyclique Discussion Group in Durham NC on the topic of whether humans are hard wired for violence or for cooperation. 2013.
28. Essay published in the Catskill Chronicle: “What Is Political?” Questions why the topic of peace should be considered political. 2013.27. A poetry performance with the accompaniment of world musical instruments was presented at the Sanctuary of Oils in Honesdale, PA. The theme was “The Wisdom of Mother Nature, the Follies of Mankind,” Spring 2013.
26. An illustrated lecture on the return of mankind to its genetic heritage of cooperation & kindness was presented as part of the worldwide Rebirth 2012 celebration. Held at the Callicoon Youth Center, December 2012.
25. A Metaphorical Long Walk from Narrowsburg to Liberty, NY was successfully completed in support of the Green Party candidates whose platform included ending the war in Afghanistan, sharply reducing the number of US military bases around the world, and establishing a cabinet level Department of Peace. The 30+ mile trek was completed in a single day. The Peace Walk was covered in the River Reporter newspaper. October 2012.
24. A lecture and story-telling presentation was held at the Lackawanna Environmental Institute. The topic was “Global Heating and Climate Chaos — The Point of No Return.” Spring 2012.
23. A lecture and open discussion was held for a class at Lackawanna College (Lake Region Campus) re: “The Cooperative Nature of Paleolithic and Neolithic Mankind.” A representative group of stone seals and imprints from Mesopotamia, representing the Halaf and Uruk periods, was used as illustration. Spring semester 2011.
22. The Peace Academy participated in a Philosophy Series held at the Himalayan Institute in Honesdale PA. 2010.
21. Speaker at the State of the World Forum held at Sugar Notch PA. 2009, 2010, 2011.
20. The Milanville Poets, Unltd, again with the Peace Academy, performed “Poems for Peace” at the Delaware River Arts Alliance at Narrowsburg NY. 2008.
19. The Milanville Poets, Unlimited, in affiliation with the Peace Academy, performed “Love Poems of the Delaware River” at the National Parks Service Field Office at Milanville PA. 2008.
18. Panel and audience discussion at
Hawley United Methodist Church, 315 Church Street, Hawley PA. on February
18, 2008. Read
a report of this event.